- A Bachelor of Music Education degree, a Masters degree
in Music, and a Masters degree in Guidance in Counseling.
- Thirty years in the public school system from 1969 to
1999 in Montrose, Colorado—first as a band director and then as a school
- Middle Level Counselor of the Year for the state
of Colorado in 1995 by the Colorado School Counselors Association.
- A Licensed Professional Counselor in Colorado until
retirement in 1999.
- Taught weekly classes on A Course in Miracles for
14 years and gave workshops on related material.
- Wrote materials and taught parenting classes for the
Montrose County School District.
- Served in many capacities for the local United Church of
Christ from Spiritual Director to Moderator to choir member.
- Married since June 11, 1967 with one daughter.